Wednesday, February 4, 2009

 

Firmware Update

Dell used to publish firmware updates in nice little .bin files you would download and install from the interface on the printer. I guess too many stupid people out there, so they decided to bundle the .bin with an installer.

I downloaded the little program, ran it and it went to look for the printer. None found! I said ok, let me look for the .bin and do it manually. Of course, it is nowhere to be found on the dell site. Shit, I said, well, let's have some fun, get aggravated, and call Dell Tech Support (OH NO! Do I really want to do it)

Ok, I made the call to the generic 800-WWW-DELL - Welcome to India!!!!! of course, the usual run-around, what's the express service code, what's the service tag? is it a desktop or a laptop? a printer? oh no, that always confuses them, and about 5 times in a row, you get put on hold, told you will be transferred to the right department, only to end up back where you started.

This went on probably for a good 30 minutes.........

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]