Thursday, September 25, 2008

 

The saga begins

On May 19, 2008 at 06:48 PM PDT I ordered a Macbook Pro 2.5 on the Apple website. On May 23, 2008 it was shipped via FEDERAL EXPRESS and a few days later, I happily got my beautiful new Macbook Pro at my office.

I immediately powered it up, and was up and running. It was a good thing.

Then I got it home, and the nightmare began!

The Wi-Fi access worked great at home, with my Apple Airport router. It was a beautiful thing. But, as soon as my roommate powered up his Macbook and got a Wi-Fi connection, I lost my connection!

Hmmm, I wonder what the problem could be. Was it the Airport? Was it the weather? I had no clue.

For the next several months, I replaced the AirPort, tried other Macbooks, tried none Apple routers, spent many a night on the phone with Apple Tech Support (and their staticty on-hold music) and no one could come up with a solution.

At other people's homes, on their wireless networks, the same thing happened. My $2700 Apple computer was not working.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]